For this year's One World One Heart blogging event I posted my giveway, visited most of the people that visited me and left a post, then hit some of the blogs on the main list that seemed like they might be interesting. There are just too many (800+) to hit them all. If others followed the same strategy it's likely that many missed me. After all, what's cool about a blog called "Lorrie Grainger Abdo". I may need to rethink my blog name.
Anyway, here are some of my favorite blogs from my OWOH journey:
* Cathy Horner at Cathy Horner Collage Art. A funky collage artist with a unique style from Tennessee.
* Nancy Baumiller at Crowabout. A zettiologist, also from Tennessee.
* Susan Himmel at Living the Dream. A watercolorist and winner of my OWOH giveaway. She lives in the beautiful Berkshires of Massachusetts.
* Lulu at My Pink Turtle. A painter of colorful girls (and other things) from Quebec.
* Cindy Dubbers at Crimson Heart Studios. A California mixed-media artist. Her giveaway was a mosaic heart. Sound familiar? Hers however, was not made of paper. Very cool, colorful stuff in her world.
* Jennifer Conway at Raven's Rest Studio. A Vancouver mixed-media artist. Sure wish I had won one of her giveaways!
* Diane at Turn Left at the Pigs. A southern Ohio jewelry artist. This site caught my eye because of the great name. Apparently she lives in a very rural area and there is not a street sign en route to her home. Thus, the direction "turn left at the pigs" was born.
I didn't win a prize this year. But, like the lottery, it's hard to win when you don't buy a ticket. I only entered giveaways for things that I really, really wanted. It's always fun to receive anything in the mail from a fellow artist but I'm in the purging mode right now and only want things around me that I truly love.
OWOH has had a good five-year run and I participated for three of those five years. It's done now. However, it is coming back in a different form next year. It will be interesting to see where it goes.