Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chocolat

Not only is chocolate one of my favorite things to eat, it is also one of my favorite movies. Chocolat, with Juliette Binoche, Judi Dench and Johnny Depp, is beautifully set in 1950's France and is rather quirky and fun.


In the Altered Sisters Round Robin that we've been doing for several months now, I was faced with Heather's book called Cinema. Each artist has to do a spread on their favorite movie. This is a toughy for me as I'm definitely NOT a movie-goer and seldom watch one on TV. What to do? What to do? My favorite movie list is short: Shrek, The Princess Bride, Chocolat and You've Got Mail. Pretty lame, huh?


From past posts, (here, here, here and here), you may remember that I vowed to complete each spread in this Round Robin with an altered photo. I couldn't come up with any photo to alter for this one so I cheated a bit and used my 12 year old's alphabet photos that she has taken over the past two years to spell out the name of the movie. I tried to make the background look somewhat chocolate-wrapper-like with foil and various browns. When the group sees this at our next meeting, I'm prepared for lots of wise crack comments because I NEVER work in brown and am quite vocal about avoiding the color in most everything I do.


I think I'll go have a candy bar now. My tastes aren't extravagant: I'm happy with a Kit Kat or a Hershey bar with almonds. But, a piece of good Belgian chocolate sends me into orbit.




Lorrie



1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

It isn't brown when it's about chocolate, it's chocolate colored. By the way, I've just dded a new movie to my favorites list, "Lars and the Real Girl."

Related Posts with Thumbnails