Monday, May 4, 2009

Altered Sister's Round Robin - book three

It's hard to believe, but another month has gone by and it is time to pass on the next book in the Altered Sister's Round Robin. For May, I have Joanne Huffman's book entitled Fire and Ice. It is a small board book: compact but impactful.


In keeping with my vow to alter a photograph for each of the ten books in the swap, I used a photo of icicles and painted in the "fire" myself. The photograph and the matches on the bottom right page worked out pretty well but then I was faced with how to balance all that on the left hand page. This was tough and I'm not sure I successfully solved the design problem but the yellow graphic hand, while a bit large, seemed to fit. And, hey, it's well past midnight, it's due at 10 this morning, and that's all I've got in me at this point!


Have a great week!

Lorrie

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I'd say your work is matchless - but there are those matches on the bottom of the page.

Joanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails