Thursday, September 16, 2010

Paper Mosaic Mirror Frame - Matt and Rachelle

Our nephew, Matt Monroe, got married this summer in Huntington, West Virginia.  That's a new pin on the US map for us.  The weekend was lovely because family came from all over the eastern half of the country to enjoy one another's company and wish the bridal couple well.

I made a mirror for them that I hope they'll enjoy.  They chose the colors and tell me that they have a place to hang it.  Blues are definitely my comfort colors so this came easy (but not necessarily quick) to me and I was happy with the result.



Close up of corner.  There are about eight to ten different patterns/shades of blue in the mosaics for this piece.



As far as the actually wedding and reception goes...

This is a close up of one of the contemporary stain glass windows in the church.  I like the seemingly random placement of the colors.  Of course, it isn't random at all.


Since we don't often dress up (we're more of a shorts and T-shirt kind of family), here's what we look like when we've cleaned up.

Aaron and Cousin Alex from Virginia made their own fun.

Lorrie

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Your mosaics are always so beautiful!

last minute lynn said...

Beautiful, happy family and gorgeous mirror. I bet the bride and groom were thrilled!

Related Posts with Thumbnails