Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mosaics on my Mind

I've got mosaics on my mind today. I'm teaching a Paper Mosaics class at the Kalamazoo Book Arts Center on Tuesday so I'm working on pulling everything together for that. (I love the teaching but the lugging of supplies back and forth, not so much.) The class should be a good time as I already know some of the students and several took The Art of Paste Painting class with me this past Tuesday.

Also, you may remember from a previous post that my mosaic work is done in honor of my niece Taylor. The Wish-A-Mile 300 mile bike ride, with all funds raised going toward Make-A-Wish, starts tomorrow in Traverse City, MI. All the riders that have worked so hard to raise money and practice, practice, practice for this great cause are almost on their way. I wish them all a safe ride and offer my thanks for the effort they put forth in Taylor's name.

Here are some mosaic frames that I created recently. They are available at UniQ, Three Rivers, Michigan.












I'm sending out a hearty welcome to new subscribers and thank each and every one of you that reads my entries. I know my posts have been less frequent lately but that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking of you!


Lorrie


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails