Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mosaic picture frames

I've been finishing up some mosaics lately. I'm very good at starting projects, but not always great at finishing them, so it feels super to have these done and looking good. Like most artists, I suppose, my stack of unfinished stuff never seems to get any smaller because as soon as I finish something, there is always new unfinished stuff to take its place! I guess it's just like laundry but more fun.

Anyway, the photos here show some picture frames that are now in a nice jewelry store in Three Rivers, MI called UniQ. These are all 8" x 10" frames (for a 4" x 6" photo) that are either on a hanger or an easel and are $30 each. They have such a high gloss varnish on them that they look almost like glass!












Actually, this blue one has already sold to artsy friend Christine. What would we do without friends?!?


I have more to show you but don't have scans yet. Stay tuned...


Lorrie

For subscribers: It seems that many of you did not get a Feedblitz email about my last post. If not, please visit http://lorrieabdo.blogspot.com/2009/05/taylor-grainger.html to read about my neice, Taylor Grainger. Thanks.

4 comments:

last minute lynn said...

Hooray, this time I got a space to make a comment. Your frames look wonderful online and I am glad you found a unique retail outlet. Just a thought...when you use blue text, it doesn't show up (such as the name of the store).

Jennifer said...

These are so colorful and unique ~ you found the perfect store to see them ;-)

Joanne Huffman said...

Glad to hear your beautiful frames have found a store. They should sell well because they are wonderful.

Lorrie Grainger Abdo said...

Hi Lynn, glad you were able to make a comment. I don't know what is going on with this because it is nothing that I changed. And the blue, while not very constrasty, should be showing up. Very strange.

Thanks for the nice comments about the frames everyone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails