Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Florida

Certainly there are enough pictures of Florida's beautiful beaches and palm trees out there in the world. With my tiny snapshot digital camera I cannot add anything to this genre of landscape photography. However, I can add a couple of photographic memories from my trip with my son to Florida that are just my own. (Geographic update: son was in Tampa for the Olympic Development soccer camp; after I dropped him off, I left for Marco Island to visit my parents; hubby and girls were the true troopers and stayed home in the cold.)

Anyway, I hope this first one will remind you of a beautiful sunset somewhere. I've been lucky enough to see incredible sunsets in many places including Washington's Pacific coast, Florida's Gulf coast, California, Lake Michigan, Cape Cod, France, many inland lakes and even in often cloudy England. No two are the same and even if the sunset of the evening is a "dud", it still is special because you slowed down to look.




I am fascinated and disturbed by pelicans. Have you ever seen a more ugly, yet simultaneously graceful, creature? If one thinks hard enough, surely there is a lesson somewhere in that for humans!



More soon. Being away from the regular routine sure gets you behind in a hurry!


Lorrie

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Picture if you will,
the poor pelican.
His beak can hold more
than his belly can.
(not sure who wrote this)

Joanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails