Monday, March 30, 2009

Book Club

Tonight is the last meeting of a book club that I have been in for the last year and a half. So, in honor of this, I remind you to


Some of my favorites are: Time Traveler's Wife, Water for Elephants, Cold Mountain, Bluebeard, The Pleasure of My Company, Shadow of the Wind, Never Let Me Go, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, Middlesex, Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, The Kite Runner, The Constant Gardener and A Thread of Grace. Some that I haven't cared for but get all kinds of great press and word of mouth: The Solace of Leaving Early, Atonement, and The Poisonwood Bible.


I'm always looking for a great book. I haven't read a really, really good one in a while and am dire need of a great read. Please send me the titles of your favorites. Or, join me on Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/as a friend.


Lorrie

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are quite a reader. It was one of my goals for this year to read more and I've been doing pretty well.
I tried to find you on Goodreads but was unsuccessful.
:-(

Kathy L said...

Lorrie

If you have not read this book, Three Cups of Tea, you are in for a great read. It is on my list of all time favorites.
http://www.amazon.com/Three-Cups-Tea-Mission-Promote/dp/0143038257/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238541774&sr=8-1

Lorrie Grainger Abdo said...

I think we're "friends" now on Goodreads Jennifer. Thanks for the tip Kathy. I'll put it on my read list for after Spring Break.

Related Posts with Thumbnails