Sunday, December 20, 2009

George Bailey Connection

Many (most?) of us will watch It's a Wonderful Life at least once during the holiday season.  Not only is it a classic but something seems to be missing from the season if you don't sit down to watch it.  George Bailey continues to make friends and influence people long after the movie was made and Jimmy Stewart went to that big rabbit hutch in the sky (reference to Harvey). I guess that was one of the points of the movie, wasn't it?

In a recent post I mentioned how I had named my handmade paper, plaster and acrylic piece Bailey Park.

Due to the wonders of technology, a singer and songwriter named Carolyn Sills contacted me with the following comment:


Hi Lorrie - I really love your Bailey Park piece. I'm always searching the internet for pieces written on George Bailey... it's nice to see some artwork as well. I'm a big fan of his and the movie, and I recently wrote a song called 'George Bailey.' I would love for you to take a listen... you can do so off of itunes or my website. Have a good night!   http://www.carolynsills.com/


How cool is that? Her song can be heard at http://www.carolynsills.com/Original_Music.html.

Lorrie

1 comment:

Kathy L said...

This is so cool! Who would have thought?

Related Posts with Thumbnails